Auger overflows burn pot

Jbumbleb

Reaction score
This is my third time using my vertical smoker. After about 3 to 4 hours the auger overflows the pellets out of the burn pot. I scoop out the pellets and about 2 hours later it happened again. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to remedy it? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you

Is it actually smoking when this is happening? I suggest calling PtiBoss support, leaving your number and having them call you back. I have heard that they are overwhelmed at times, and respond better on their Facebook page.

Let us know the outcome with Pit Boss we like to keep track of their customer service if by phone or facebook.

Called pit boss today, had to leave my number for them to call me back because of wait time. About 3 hours later they called. After answering a few questions and a few minutes on hold they are sending a new control panel and temp probe. So far customer service seems great. Only downside is they said 2-3 weeks before I get them

Called pit boss today, had to leave my number for them to call me back because of wait time. About 3 hours later they called. After answering a few questions and a few minutes on hold they are sending a new control panel and temp probe. So far customer service seems great. Only downside is they said 2-3 weeks before I get them

Good news you have a replacment coming..bad news the wait at least you have it taken care of and this will be your last time calling them.

How long have you had your smoker? If I had had it a short enough time, I'd probably return it to the store and see if I could get a replacement that way.

How long have you had your smoker? If I had had it a short enough time, I'd probably return it to the store and see if I could get a replacement that way.
I bought it April 30th. When I called Lowe’s they informed me that they only offered a 30 day return/exchange on it.

My smoker overflowed the burn pot and emptied the hopper which was full! Temp was set @225.

Had to take meat off the smoker and remove the grids and plates to see what had happened. Won’t try smoking overnight for a while!

Latest Discussions

Back