Anyone have an air fryer?

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
Just bought one as a Christmas present and was wondering how well these work. Would like to do fries and such on it but was also wondering how well they did meat.

One of my dilemma is crispy chicken skin. I was wondering if anyone ever smoked chicken on a pellet smoker then finished it off in an air fryer for crispy skin? I might try that out but it will have to wait until aftrer Christmas.

I have a Ninja Air fryer and I like it. Chicken wings come out pretty good nothing like an oil fryer, but darn near good enough. When it comes to the pellet grill and crispy chicken it is tough thing to achieve I can never master it. I cook my chicken to about 155 and then I crank the grill to 400 and then rotate the chicken every 3 minutes until I feel that the skin is crispy enough for me as I use Olive oil not sure if that helps out or not.

I bought a Ninja last X-Mas for my wife, we did some fries in it and returned it the next day, too much work cleaning up and not at all like deep fried.

We do not use that much it was one of those impulse buys on sale. We use it now and then, but the chicken wings did come out good and for cleaning I am not sure my wife handles that part of it.

my wife says it not too bad, but she says it is a pain in the butt.

Yeah I saw this one on sale so I picked it up as a Christmas gift. Mainly I want to try chicken and some other things in it. We always bake french fries in the oven so I am curious to see how they turn out on this. Normally fries seem a little "damp" when you do them in the oven.

Just bought one as a Christmas present and was wondering how well these work. Would like to do fries and such on it but was also wondering how well they did meat.

One of my dilemma is crispy chicken skin. I was wondering if anyone ever smoked chicken on a pellet smoker then finished it off in an air fryer for crispy skin? I might try that out but it will have to wait until aftrer Christmas.
I have been using one for years. Mist a little olive oil on the ff’s and they come out great. I also crisp up smoked chicken legs and wings, etc.

Latest Discussions

Back