Another New Member From The State Of North Carolina

Mizterhutch

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself, I’m originally from League City Texas, Where they know what Smoked Beef Brisket Is supposed to taste like! I married a Carolina Girl and now reside in Hamlet NC. I’m not new to smoking, but I recently purchased my first pellet smoker, I bought the KC Combo Platinum Series, and have 7 successful smokes on this thing so far, some T-bones, beef roasts, 2 Briskets, wings, chops, Boston Butt, and a smoked then fried (Smo-Fried) Turkey for Thanksgiving so I’ve about got this Bad Boy figured out, and really like the experience I’m having with my new pellet grill/smoker. Thanks for having me….

Just wanted to introduce myself, I’m originally from League City Texas, Where they know what Smoked Beef Brisket Is supposed to taste like! I married a Carolina Girl and now reside in Hamlet NC. I’m not new to smoking, but I recently purchased my first pellet smoker, I bought the KC Combo Platinum Series, and have 7 successful smokes on this thing so far, some T-bones, beef roasts, 2 Briskets, wings, chops, Boston Butt, and a smoked then fried (Smo-Fried) Turkey for Thanksgiving so I’ve about got this Bad Boy figured out, and really like the experience I’m having with my new pellet grill/smoker. Thanks for having me….

Welcome to the forum @Mizterhutch from Austin! What kinda rub do you use on your briskets?

Welcome to the forum @Mizterhutch from Austin! What kinda rub do you use on your briskets?
I’ve got a traditional Tex/Mex Dry Rub that I’ve mixed myself for many years. If you want it to be more of a BBQ Brisket, I’ve used Webers “KC BBQ” Dry Rub, and the Webers “Original” Dry Rub. Both are excellent choices for BBQ. The traditional Tex/Mex has a bit of Bite because of the Cayenne Pepper and Hot Chili Powder that goes into it. I personally don’t find it to be hot, but I will substitute Mild chili powder, in place of the HOT, and everyone seems to like it that way (no complaints from my family anywho). How about you?

I’ve got a traditional Tex/Mex Dry Rub that I’ve mixed myself for many years. If you want it to be more of a BBQ Brisket, I’ve used Webers “KC BBQ” Dry Rub, and the Webers “Original” Dry Rub. Both are excellent choices for BBQ. The traditional Tex/Mex has a bit of Bite because of the Cayenne Pepper and Hot Chili Powder that goes into it. I personally don’t find it to be hot, but I will substitute Mild chili powder, in place of the HOT, and everyone seems to like it that way (no complaints from my family anywho). How about you?
I'm interested in hearing about this!
Not asked but. My rub starts with lawry's after the trim the night before. Then a dark/black binder followed by SPOG with the S&P being as coarse as I can find.

Oh NP
SPOG = salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Salt and pepper are coarse onion and garlic are powders.
Black binder = All ingredients are black... Molasses, worcestershire, balsamic vinegar, soy, coffee, ect ....

Ah Ha, I see. So you use the binder to help create the bark?I wouldn’t have guessed that SPOG acronym, but it makes since now.

Smoke On

Latest Discussions

Back