Ammo Shortage

DaveXDm9

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Did not want to hijack a thread discussing issues with a grill as someone commented on me getting ammo. I just was lucky to purchase the amount I did as the supply and demand is insane right now. In the past 7 months more guns were purchased than any other year during that time period breaking records. Winchester and Federal are now at 3 shifts around the clock manufacturing ammo, but the issue is with these two manufacturers they have contracts with State, Local, and Government Law Enforcement so the ammo goes to contract first then the consumer.

We will not see ammo stock back to where they were until spring 2021 is my guess or it can be later. A lot of our ammo comes from Brazil, Mexico, and Czechoslovakia as they have been shut down due to Covid. Russia factories have not been and why we are not seeing more ammo come into the states from Russia.

Right now more Americans owns firearms than anytime in our history as my local gun shop shelves are empty and I have never ever seen his gun shop with only 6 firearms in stock. He may lose his business because he does not have any product to sell.

Stock here is pretty well from what I have heard (I haven't been to an ammo shop in a long time). It might vary from area to area.

Stock here is pretty well from what I have heard (I haven't been to an ammo shop in a long time). It might vary from area to area.

Really in Pensacola? If the stocks are that high it is worth for me to take a drive and purchase ammo. 3 of the largest online ammo retailers have 0 in stock unless you want overpriced hollow points and they are major distributors in the country.

I will have to make some calls in that area for ammo stock as to me a 7 - 8 hour drive is worth it if I can pick up large amount of 5.56, 9mm, and 40 cal. ammo.

Panama City. Again, I haven't been but someone at work was talking about it and they got what they needed.

Panama City. Again, I haven't been but someone at work was talking about it and they got what they needed.

that is better Panama City is a lot closer. Thanks I will make some calls and maybe get lucky.

Latest Discussions

Back