90 degrees outside and my smoker shutoff

hgriff1

Reaction score
Is this normal for my smoker to shut down and throw an error code when it is this hot outside?

Mine did the same today, but I have been having ERR issues (probe) lately. Customer service is trying to resolve
I attributed it to my issue, but you may be into something......

thanks it did it the last time tried to use it also! It was so embarrassing after having my in laws over and bragging on how good the wings would turn out just to have them not done! I submitted a case also.

It was 95 degrees outside . it worked for about an hour and a half. then shut down.

It was 95 degrees outside . it worked for about an hour and a half. then shut down.

was it sitting in direct sunlight? I used mine before in direct sunlight with the grill set to 400 as I was grilling steaks and it was 95 degrees outside and that was with the original Pit Boss Pro Series controller.

I have also smoked a pork but for 10 hours in 96 degress direct sunlight as well with no issues,

I personally believe you have a bad RTD Thermometer or bad controller.

I just checked comments from earlier today.
Mentioned thermometer and controller.....
Customer service is sending me BOTH to try to correct my issue.
We'll see........

hopefully i get the same service. especially since it was a father’s day gift. ?
Update! I spoke with customer service and am very pleased with the professionalism and care shown regarding my dilemma. They shipped out the RTD today! yay!

Latest Discussions

Back