850PS Flame Broil and Burn Pot Question

Big Daddy

Reaction score
I have a PB 850PS and am new to the flame broil feature. I'd assume there will be issues with excess grease entering and collecting the burn pot when using the flame broil slider open. Is this a major concern? I got this for smoking, but it would be nice to occasionally grill without having to be concerned with potential issues.

I have a PB 850PS and am new to the flame broil feature. I'd assume there will be issues with excess grease entering and collecting the burn pot when using the flame broil slider open. Is this a major concern? I got this for smoking, but it would be nice to occasionally grill without having to be concerned with potential issues.
I would say to be concerned, so use with caution.

I have the movable sear plate. I have never used it, partially for the reasons you mentioned. If I need to sear I have a gas grill with a great sear station right beside my smoker, I've always used that

I also have an 850PS with moveable
I also have an 850PS with moveable plate. I do a reverse sear after smoking the meat. Meat turns out flavorful, moist and tender and no issues of grease in the flame pot. Only issue is the small area of flames requiring that you move the meat frequently so that all portions get seared.

Latest Discussions

Back