700 Classic fire box temp and chamber temp variance

Ll0ydBraun

Reaction score
Just cleaned out my chamber after I had a small grease fire a week ago. Took it all apart, cleaned the pieces, vaccumed the firebox and surrounding areas. FIred it back up, and startup went right, but after the white smoke left and i closed the chamber, the chamber got 50 degrees hotter than the firebox temp. I had it set at 300. Soon, the firebox was showing a temp of 350 (again, its set for 300) and the chamber got up to 400. I left it alone and it's burning (no food in there), hoping to see if it leveled off. It did a little bit, but the chamber is still showing 20 degrees hotter than the firebox. Is this normal (perhaps because its 40'ish degrees out) or do I have an issue with my electronics? I'm new to all this (this is my first smoker) so I'm unsure if I'm being overconcerned and need to chill out or if there may be something amiss.
Thanks for any input.

Did you clean the temp probe and did flames from the fire get to probe?
Might need a good hot burn to clean everything

i didn't clean the temp probe - i didnt want to get too far into the mechanics because im a little scared by it (lol). I dont know if the flames got there, but im going to do the hot burn tonight. ive been running it at 300 now just to check its consistency

Just checked it after an hour of burning at 300. It's still sitting at a higher temp. The chamber and the firebox are at consistent temps, but the box is burning 40 degrees hotter than its set for.

Attachments

• IMG_2975 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_2975 Medium.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 5

Latest Discussions

Back