4P1 Error Code

msummer18

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just bough a pit boss pro series cooper head pellet smoker, did the burn off yesterday no issue, have come to firer it up today to starting cooking and it keeps shutting off and flashing up a 4P1 error code, the manual doesn't list this code, anyone ran in to this before ? I have to unplug the unit to clear the code and start again ?

Any idea's on how to fix this would be great

Thanks

That error code is new to me as well. Your best bet is to call Pit Boss Customer Service as they will help you and they may have to replace the controller.

So I did get hold of Pitt boss customer service. The 4P1 is the current Software version. Apparently it comes on every time you start up the smoker. They are not sure why it is flashing up on my unit then shutting off. is After shutting off 3 time it did then run for the rest of the cook just fine. They stated I might need a new control board. Will run it again later in the week if the issue continues I’ll have to get them out

I have a Copperhead and and never seen that code. Strange... Does yours still operate?

Stay away from the above website, that stuff is questionable. If you buy replacement parts buy from an authorized dealer or from Amazon. When buying from Amazon make sure to read reviews and such. Most of the PB replacement parts have one day shipping but most DEFINITELY STAY AWAY from the website listed above.

i just got my second control panel from pit boss replaced it , plugged it in got an error code 4P1 unplugged and plugged in several times with half hour wait between called pit boss service they checked and told me the software was not completed before sending it out may be third time will be the charm if not i will return to store for new one

Hi everyone,

Just bough a pit boss pro series cooper head pellet smoker, did the burn off yesterday no issue, have come to firer it up today to starting cooking and it keeps shutting off and flashing up a 4P1 error code, the manual doesn't list this code, anyone ran in to this before ? I have to unplug the unit to clear the code and start again ?

Any idea's on how to fix this would be great

Thanks
Sounds like intermittent power supply, might not be plugged in good or bad outlet. It happened to me during my cook last night and I realized I had been sitting with my foot on the plug. I use an extension cord. Once I moved the plug away from my feet everything went fine and I finished my. 20 he cook with no more problems. Hope this helps.

Just received this code as well. Spoke with Customer Service. Press and hold “On Button” for 5 seconds then quickly press twice in succession. It fixed it immediately. Happy smokin”!!

Latest Discussions

Back