1st Pellet grill

mikenburnie

Reaction score
Bough my first pellet grill this week, bought the Platinum Laredo 1000, put it together and burned it off yesterday, I’m looking forward to all the info and comments from the group, thanks for the add.

Welcome I'm new too, this forum has been a wealth of information for me. Enjoy your smoker!

Welcome. I just sold my Pro 820 this weekend and I'm looking at the Laredo 1000. Hope you have some good news about it.

Welcome. I just sold my Pro 820 this weekend and I'm looking at the Laredo 1000. Hope you have some good news about it.
So far I have burned it off, test ran and made a batch of jerky, with thermometers on bottom grill I have about an 8 degree difference from left to right, left side is a little warmer, stated it up yesterday in 34 degrees, took about 30 min to come to temp. PID was always within 10 degrees of my probes, held very consistent 175-185 when set at 185 in the cold. So far I am happy, I’m gonna throw a couple of Cornish hens on this week and see how it goes.

Snow is gone. (2 months early) This will be my second season. Vowed to give it an honest effort at learning it this year. What I learned last year was: throw the time book away, rely on the probe, and RELAX. It's done when the temp is correct. Was nearly ready to throw in the towel after lack luster results but one gentleman kept reassuring me it's a learning curve and it gets better. Watched my son in law who uses one a couple times weekly turn into a seasoned pro so decided to follow his lead. Good luck

Latest Discussions

Back