1600 pro series

Jketrow6

Reaction score
Just bought a pro series 1600 problem I have is it takes for ever to heat up any suggestions

Just bought a pro series 1600 problem I have is it takes for ever to heat up any suggestions
There are a couple post hear about it, there are thing you can do to get it to heat faster, but what you really need to do is contact Pitboss support, you will have to send the controller back for a firmware update and that will fix, the taking forever to heat up, you will notice more smoke and it will go in 10 degree increments to 300 and then 25 degree increments to 400 and then 50 degree increment.

I love mine, one thing I would suggest is learning your grill, that way you know all the nuances.

They sent me a new probe that monitors the temp in the chamber and a shipping label for my controller. Just got an update from FedEx I will have my controller back on Thursday. I had the same issue.

My updated controller is back in the 1600. The difference is like night and day. Definitely faster reaching temp and maintaining the desired temp.The 10 degree increments are there. Now I want to see how it does on a cook but im optimistic.

My updated controller is back in the 1600. The difference is like night and day. Definitely faster reaching temp and maintaining the desired temp.The 10 degree increments are there. Now I want to see how it does on a cook but im optimistic.
That is awesome, I think you will be very happy. It even works with the app better, the app still needs some work.

The one thing I would suggest is use another thermometer to check the ambient temps for a couple of cooks, I use a Fireboard and what I have found is the grill even gets to the temperature faster than indicated and that is probably due to the probe being on the side and I think pitboss might have done something to prevent false reading that was occurring in the other grills. Like in my 1100 that side was the hot side, it is a little hotter but not like my 1100.

I use my Meater block on most cooks to measure inside the chamber and also run a pitboss probe as well to measure the chamber temp. Thank you for the tip. You are always willing to help others. Thank you!

I use my Meater block on most cooks to measure inside the chamber and also run a pitboss probe as well to measure the chamber temp. Thank you for the tip. You are always willing to help others. Thank you!
Thank you, we have to help each other out, let me know how your cooks are coming out.

There are a couple post hear about it, there are thing you can do to get it to heat faster, but what you really need to do is contact Pitboss support, you will have to send the controller back for a firmware update and that will fix, the taking forever to heat up, you will notice more smoke and it will go in 10 degree increments to 300 and then 25 degree increments to 400 and then 50 degree increment.

I love mine, one thing I would suggest is learning your grill, that way you know all the nuances.
So my 1600 was missing the temperature knob. Not a big deal. PitBoss said they don't have just the knob, but would send a whole new controller. Seems wasteful for a 50 cent knob, but ok. Waited 2-3 months for the new controller hoping it would be firmware upgraded with the smaller temperature increments I'm desperate to have. Removed the bottom panel and had three screws that were frozen in place. PITA and the screws are trashed. Not the end of the world. Put the new controller in to find out that it does NOT have any different temperature increments than the old one. Now I have to find replacement screws. Would have been better off ordering a generic knob on Ebay and saving myself the friggin' hassle. Otherwise I like the grill, but the temp/app issues are really aggravating.

So my 1600 was missing the temperature knob. Not a big deal. PitBoss said they don't have just the knob, but would send a whole new controller. Seems wasteful for a 50 cent knob, but ok. Waited 2-3 months for the new controller hoping it would be firmware upgraded with the smaller temperature increments I'm desperate to have. Removed the bottom panel and had three screws that were frozen in place. PITA and the screws are trashed. Not the end of the world. Put the new controller in to find out that it does NOT have any different temperature increments than the old one. Now I have to find replacement screws. Would have been better off ordering a generic knob on Ebay and saving myself the friggin' hassle. Otherwise I like the grill, but the temp/app issues are really aggravating.

UPDATE---I filled out a service ticket asking about a firmware upgrade. The next day I got an email to confirm my shipping address for a NEW controller with the upgraded firmware. Kudos to PB for the quick reply and minimal hassle. If it arrives and works as promised, I will have no complaints at all about the grill. Thanx PB!!

Latest Discussions

Back