1150PS Security Update

mickelp

Reaction score
I don’t know if the security update that I got earlier has to do anything with the temp problems on the 1150 but I’ve been able to hold my temp at 225 for over an hour and it hasn’t went up nor down

Attachments

• E3176291-4F98-42FF-90A5-2DD251D5D936.jpeg
    E3176291-4F98-42FF-90A5-2DD251D5D936.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 53
I just set up my new 1150 I had to replace my smoker from Lowe’s... while I was doing the burn off I was setting my app up and got it working on WiFi and my app told me that a security update was applied to the grill and that the grill would reset.

I just set up my new 1150 I had to replace my smoker from Lowe’s... while I was doing the burn off I was setting my app up and got it working on WiFi and my app told me that a security update was applied to the grill and that the grill would reset.
this could be a good thing!

To clarify, you just got a brand new PB1150PS2 and it asked you to update the grill via the smokeIT app? I just tried to do the same with my grill and couldn't get a prompt to come up.. reconnected it to wifi/reinstalled the app, etc

To clarify, you just got a brand new PB1150PS2 and it asked you to update the grill via the smokeIT app? I just tried to do the same with my grill and couldn't get a prompt to come up.. reconnected it to wifi/reinstalled the app, etc
I just reinstalled mine as well and no update.

It offered a security update on my 850 when I brought it home a couple weeks ago.

Also I haven’t had the issues with temp control in the 200’s everyone else has either. I am currently smoking a butt for the game tonight and it held 250 for 5 hrs steadily. Just wrapped it and bumped it up.

Yes as I was installing the app and putting in my wifi password I thought the app had froze cause it was trying to connect and then after about a minute it said a security update has been installed on my grill and that I needed to do a reset on my grill

Yes as I was installing the app and putting in my wifi password I thought the app had froze cause it was trying to connect and then after about a minute it said a security update has been installed on my grill and that I needed to do a reset on my grill
How do you reset it?

I gotta look into this too....& I've also seen different looking screenshots of the app layout...are there different app versions?? Love the grill, meh on the app.
Might be different versions for iPhone and android.

Latest Discussions

Back