1150 with new controller install, but now the smoke it app doesn't work...

RickB249

Reaction score
The new controller fixEd the 10 degree temp control issue, but now the smoke it app doesn’t work correctly. Example, when I change the temp on my phone the actual unit does not adjust the temp accordingly and the meat probes do not appear to report correctly as well. It seems to work properly using just bluetooth but you need to be so close it’s almost pointless. in the app there is know way to see wifi signal strength but it appears ok on my phone standing beside my bbq. Anyone else having these issues?

TekVu

Reaction score
The fix for me was to disable Bluetooth. I did some troubleshooting and noticed something was adjusting the temps too low or too high. I set the smoker manually with just controls and it would hold but the temps would move when I used the app. With Wi-Fi only the app will still report temps and allow temp control. BT is not needed. Either turn it off on the phone or block the all from connecting to Bluetooth. I blocked BT from the Smokeit app so I could still use BT with my other temp probes.

Latest Discussions