1150 Temp Issues

It might help or they might just sit on it. I believe that Pit Boss is doing everything they could and my big thing is they should done some research on what the consumer wants and there expectations.

Since Pit Boss did not design or manufacture the controller they are relying on the manufacture which we just have to see what happens. Iall fairness my Yoder I can adjust by 5 degrees, but I always use 180, 200, 225, 250, 275, 300 , 350, and 400 I assume a lot of smokers do the same. It just I am shocked that Pit Boss digital controller is not adjustable by 5 degrees it seems to be a waste of a design..
After ready your post and asking my question, I decided to send them my complaint anyway. The more they here of the same complaint, possibly something will get done. I’m attaching a link to ask your opinion. I might start another thread to see what other’s opinion would be also.

After ready your post and asking my question, I decided to send them my complaint anyway. The more they here of the same complaint, possibly something will get done. I’m attaching a link to ask your opinion. I might start another thread to see what other’s opinion would be also.
As stated in the video it will void the warranty but if you are beyond the warranty period why not.....

Sending them a complaint is fine...I hope it helps.

I have a Rec-Tec controller on my Pit Boss now and it works great. The only problem is Rec-Tec has quit selling controllers to non Rec-Tec owners.

TBH I would buy this controller below if you want to change your controller. I had a savannah stoker controller and it was the best investment to my Pro Series 1100 then I bought a Yoder 640 pellet grill. So I sold the Svannah controller which then I should have kept so I bought a Rec-Tec controller to see how it performs.

Sending them a complaint is fine...I hope it helps.

I have a Rec-Tec controller on my Pit Boss now and it works great. The only problem is Rec-Tec has quit selling controllers to non Rec-Tec owners.

TBH I would buy this controller below if you want to change your controller. I had a savannah stoker controller and it was the best investment to my Pro Series 1100 then I bought a Yoder 640 pellet grill. So I sold the Svannah controller which then I should have kept so I bought a Rec-Tec controller to see how it performs.

This appears to display vertical, having a horizontal control area did you just mount sideways?

This appears to display vertical, having a horizontal control area did you just mount sideways?
I contacted a YouTuber by the name of BBQ with Mazie. She installed a new temp controller on her grill. I’m waiting to hear back from her as to how well it worked. Y’all might look up her videos. And I also want to say as I’ve stated before, I’m not a big tech guy. So needing it connected to my phone is not a have to for me.

nope I had to do some modification to the hopper box to fit the Savannah Stoker.
I contacted a YouTuber by the name of BBQ with Mazie. She installed a new temp controller on her grill. I’m waiting to hear back from her as to how well it worked. Y’all might look up her videos. And I also want to say as I’ve stated before, I’m not a big tech guy. So needing it connected to my phone is not a have to for me.

That is the Non-PID version of the controller with WiFi and it does not do 275 and 325.

I started having problems holding temp at 200, 225 and 250 last week. Up until then the controller held temps great. Called Pitboss and they are sending me a new control board. I also did the recommended 3 burn offs running up to 350 for 40 minutes each time then on the 3rd drop the temp setting to 250 and 225 to see it will hold, it didn't.

I purchased my first smoker, a Pitboss 1150 Pro Series from Lowe’s. I had the same issues, couldn’t hold temp at 200, 225, or 250. I tried 3 different cooks all with the same result. I called customer service and they said it could be a controller in which the unit was back ordered and they didn’t know when they would have available. so I was still within my return policy at Lowe’s and didn’t want to deal with it and ended up returning it. I was so excited to get this smoker as my first and it totally let me down!

I haven’t given up just yet on Pitboss, I decided to buy the Laredo 1000 from Walmart. So far so good, holds temps just fine and it’s a great design and shape, it’s a Very efficient use of space! Similar features to the 1150, but a notch better as it has the option of 275 degrees and I love tbe dome light inside of the barrel!

Good luck with everyone’s 1150, I hope Pitboss fixes the issue ASAP!!!

Stay tuned for more updates...

Matt

I purchased my first smoker, a Pitboss 1150 Pro Series from Lowe’s. I had the same issues, couldn’t hold temp at 200, 225, or 250. I tried 3 different cooks all with the same result. I called customer service and they said it could be a controller in which the unit was back ordered and they didn’t know when they would have available. so I was still within my return policy at Lowe’s and didn’t want to deal with it and ended up returning it. I was so excited to get this smoker as my first and it totally let me down!

I haven’t given up just yet on Pitboss, I decided to buy the Laredo 1000 from Walmart. So far so good, holds temps just fine and it’s a great design and shape, it’s a Very efficient use of space! Similar features to the 1150, but a notch better as it has the option of 275 degrees and I love tbe dome light inside of the barrel!

Good luck with everyone’s 1150, I hope Pitboss fixes the issue ASAP!!!

Stay tuned for more updates...

Matt
Did you have to clean the grill to return to Lowes?

Probably will be better to call, I opened a case 3 weeks ago and no response. Called and was given a response but sounds like a canned response.
Same issues an opened a case online. Guess I will call them to see what they tell me. Just bought it last week at Lowes, returning it seems like a pain in the butt since I had it delivered.

So I just got off the phone and they said they were getting hit with this issue. They said to try the option of getting it to get to higher temp and then bring it down to the desired lower temp. Also, said if that didn't work to also try the recipe option. Set the recipe to be the desired temp and time as some folks are having success doing that. Said they're trying to see what the issue is with the controller. Also gave me the option to return it...Guess I'll give the recipe option a try to see if that works before I consider returning it....

So I just got off the phone and they said they were getting hit with this issue. They said to try the option of getting it to get to higher temp and then bring it down to the desired lower temp. Also, said if that didn't work to also try the recipe option. Set the recipe to be the desired temp and time as some folks are having success doing that. Said they're trying to see what the issue is with the controller. Also gave me the option to return it...Guess I'll give the recipe option a try to see if that works before I consider returning it....
That seemed to work. I was cooling a brisket and went in and set the recipe to 250 for an 1hr since I was close to be doing but it looks like it dropped the temp from 300 to 248 and it's holding.
Sucks that we have to do that but for now until the come out with a fix I can live with that.

Just bought Pittboss 1150 Pro at lowes. Hits 200 ok. Hits 300 and above ok. 225, 250, display says temp falls to 190-198. Wont go to temps in 200 range. Can set to 300, will move right up to 300. Drop back to 250 set and it falls to 190ish. Also fan runs all the time? That may be normal.

Any advice?

I use pittboss pellets
Same exact issue here, just bought two days ago, first cook at 225, wont hold, anything below 300 is a no go..... really ticked off as i spent alot of money for this thing not to work on low temps where i do most of my cooking.

I spoke with Danson’s rep Andrew tonight as the grill is having the same issue and he agreed that there is an issue in the PID board or possibly the internal thermometer. Probably the board but they will send both, which are on back order. I will keep on over-temping the set temp to achieve the correct actual temp until it arrives. Then to do the install. I have done replacements before on my 820D and not difficult, but it’s aggravating to have a brand new grill that I have to spend time to work on. Wait time on hold was about 8 min and Andrew was quick and helpful. Andew didn’t see much about this issue and I informed him about this forum and he replied that the unit is a very new release. So if you’re having issues, call the “Do Not Return” number on the card and they can make it a known problem and correct it.
Do you have that number you can provide, i am having same issues, but they basically told me to take it back if im not happy. WTH...... Grilla Grills has a PID controller that works perfect, and there are alot of other ones on market that work fine, why are they selling something that they know doesnt work??????? can we say class action lawsuit

Latest Discussions

Back