🔥 What's Smoking/Cooking on your Pit Boss?

Doing some chicken and potatoes on the 1150
91424ED0-8C9F-4184-8A6D-0BDBA92426C9.jpeg
and seasoning this offset.
64ECEC89-0F44-4C44-BDAB-3A5F55882580.jpeg

Nice. A few to many temp probes on the offset. Toss some whop biscuits (canned) on there find the hot spot and work with it.
Yeah. The holes were already there so I figured why not it’s seems somewhat even across the grate. Close enough for me at least. I’ll prolly end up taking them out eventually.

I know it's not the weekend but I'm retired so who cares...Smoked 2 racks of whole spare ribs on the PB 700 today. S,P and G base rub with Killer Hogs on top of that. 3,2, and 1/2 method. Used Knotty Wood Plum pellets which I have found to be the best so far, although I'm fairly new to the pellet smoking world. Used a smoke tube during the 3 hour uncovered part. Smoked on Smoke mode on P6 which was around 180 for the first 3 hours. Went the whole 2 hours on the wrapped portion because these racks were huge. I kept them whole instead of trimming them to St Louis style and the meat easily pulled off the cartilage that you usually trim off so they were very easy to eat. 1/2 hour at the end to set the sauce, and they were awesome. I'm going to do my spare ribs whole from now on. That meat on the end is really good and just pulls right off, leaving the cartilage behind.

Attachments

• 20220901_184410.jpg
    20220901_184410.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 10
I know it's not the weekend but I'm retired so who cares...Smoked 2 racks of whole spare ribs on the PB 700 today. S,P and G base rub with Killer Hogs on top of that. 3,2, and 1/2 method. Used Knotty Wood Plum pellets which I have found to be the best so far, although I'm fairly new to the pellet smoking world. Used a smoke tube during the 3 hour uncovered part. Smoked on Smoke mode on P6 which was around 180 for the first 3 hours. Went the whole 2 hours on the wrapped portion because these racks were huge. I kept them whole instead of trimming them to St Louis style and the meat easily pulled off the cartilage that you usually trim off so they were very easy to eat. 1/2 hour at the end to set the sauce, and they were awesome. I'm going to do my spare ribs whole from now on. That meat on the end is really good and just pulls right off, leaving the cartilage behind.
"I know it's not the weekend but I'm retired so who cares"

Love it! :)

Doing some chicken and potatoes on the 1150View attachment 3038and seasoning this offset. View attachment 3039
Is that a FIREBOARD controller?
I use the fireboard controller and 10cfm blower for temp control.
It keeps my stick burner at temp settings +-3 degrees.
FireBoard 2 Pro – FireBoard Labs
The blower combo is a beautiful thing for a stick burner!! It has a phone app that is amazing as well.

Last edited:
Thick chops. When I moved I didn’t bring my butane torch. Went to buy a new one and Lowes was out so I go a butane lighter. Sucks, won’t light a smoke tube so no smoke tube for me today. I think I just felt a drop of rain!

Attachments

• 2614E89B-0CB5-4B3E-964C-B1D2194A9EFF.jpeg
    2614E89B-0CB5-4B3E-964C-B1D2194A9EFF.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 13
Is that a FIREBOARD controller?
I use the fireboard controller and 10cfm blower for temp control.
It keeps my stick burner at temp settings +-3 degrees.
FireBoard 2 Pro – FireBoard Labs
The blower combo is a beautiful thing for a stick burner!! It has a phone app that is amazing as well.
No it’s a inkbird bbq thermometer.

Latest Discussions

Back